You have your two bottom molars (left and right) coming in August 1, 2003
We introduced the sign for “thank you” August 1, 2003
You sat up while on your changing table August 3, 2003
You had vegetable soup for the first time August 3, 2003
You produced and taught yourself the sign for “hot” (vegetable soup was too hot) August 3, 2003
You walk so well. You still fall occasionally – but you are doing so good August 4, 2003
When mommy takes you out of your crib after a nap or in the morning, if you have a sippy cup August 5, 2003
in your bed, I throw it out of your bed and then once we’re done changing your diaper
and everything, I carry you into the living room and kick your sippy cup into the living
room so I can put it in the kitchen. Today – I set you down for a second to empty your
diaper genie, turned around and you were kicking it into the kitchen. Your such a smart
boy!
Your second time to ride in the wagon (1st was Mommy & Daddy’s wedding). Aunt Claudia August 5, 2003
came over to watch you (her first time to watch you alone), and she took you for a walk in your
radio flyer red wagon. Mommy brought it out of the garage, put it in your playroom and
now all you want to do is ride in it.
You’ve been sick (runny nose, sneezing, coughing) and your nose has been running constantly. August 7, 2003
Mommy’s been trying to teach you to blow your nose. So today (twice), you were making
blowing noises w/your nose, I gave you the Kleenex and told you to wipe your nose – you
did – and then I told you to blow your nose and you did. Wow – you are getting so smart
so fast!
Mommy was feeding you in your new booster chair and you looked over and saw Gramma and August 7, 2003
Papa’s picture on the refrigerator. You pointed at it, said “ooo ooo” and said “Papa”
“Papa”
Mommy asked where your drink was (I signed drink and spoke it to you) – you went to the August 8, 2003
Coffee table where it was and got it. Good boy!
Mommy changed your diaper today. Our routine is for me to change you on the changing table, August 8, 2003
drop the diaper on the floor next to the genie, put you on the floor, and put the diaper in
genie. I did that this time and when I put you down you grabbed the diaper in one hand,
and tried to open the genie w/the other. I opened it for you and you put the diaper in the
genie and even smashed it down… your so smart!
You produced mommy’s sign for “I love you.” Today mommy was doing her sign for August 8, 2003
“I Love you” to you, and you took your hand (made a fist – that’s how mommy
does the sign) and patted mommy’s chest. Then a little later
we were riding in the car and I did the sign again, and you patted your own chest. I’m not
sure if you know what your doing – but ‘be still my heart.’ I just melted!
Daddy came back from his 8th annual trip to Myrtle, we picked him up at the airport and you August 10, 2003
wouldn’t go to him. You were very standoffish at first. I think Daddy was a little hurt, but
it was just b/c You were out of your element. So the following day, Daddy was holding you,
and you gave him a hug. Daddy cried b/c he was so happy that you did remember him and love
him. And that’s the first time you’ve given anyone a hug on purpose.
You ran some errands w/mommy. We were listening to music and mommy started patting her August 11, 2003
leg to the rhythm of the music. I looked back and you were doing it too. You are really
starting to mock and copy things we do.
Today you were ready for your nap. You did your tired sign, then your milk sign. You followed August 12, 2003
Mommy to the kitchen to get your milk and then walked to your bedroom and stood by
Your bed. Mommy gave you your milk and put you in bed. You amaze me daily! I am
So glad we taught you to sign. It’s been the best thing we’ve done for you.
Today you were in your room playing w/your new shoes. Mommy came in, asked if you August 15, 2003
wanted to put your shoes on. I told you to sit down so we could put them on… you did,
and I did.
Today, Mommy was in the living room and you brought your ‘little swimmers’ diapers to me. I August 15, 2003
sat them down on the floor, and you handed them to me again. I guess you wanted to
play in the ‘doggie pool’ outside. You love to play in the pool and play w/the water
hose.
Today, mommy asked you if you were ready for a nap. I told you I had to get you some milk. August 15, 2003
you walked into your bedroom and tried to crawl into your crib. Everyday – you amaze
me.
Mommy, Daddy and you were out having lunch (L.Trevino’s in Rockwall). You were trying to August 16, 2003
put your finger in your mouth and missed your mouth and hit your nose. Well you pushed
your finger even farther. Mommy pulled your finger out of your nose and you put it back in.
Guess, you’ve found your nose.
Daddy was watching you – mommy was cropping – and Daddy put you down for a nap. You August 16, 2003
were crying so he went in to get you and was amazed at what he had found. You were
butt naked. You took your diaper off and it was under the bed. Guess, we’ve learned to
take our diaper off now too. Hopefully this doesn’t start a trend for you.
We heard you wake up in the early morning. You cried once. Daddy got up to get you some August 17, 2003
milk. He walked in the room, you were standing at the corner of your bed holding
your hand out for the milk. He gave you the milk and you laid down. Very smart boy!
you knew exactly how to get milk and that you were going to get milk.
We introduced the sign for ‘all done’ and you produced it. August 17, 2003
Daddy was doing yard work. You went out to help him. You grabbed Daddy’s hand to walk August 24, 2003
w/him as he was picking up weeds. You made daddy cry. He was so happy.
When you lay on me and I watch TV you grab my face and pull it back to you August 23, 2003
You wiped your hands and face when mommy told you to August 25, 2003
March 2025
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment