Saturday, June 20, 2015

Ben is 13!

I am really having a tough time with this day. I know that all of my children must grow up, but turning 13, means that they are closer to going to college, becoming adults. I know that exciting things await, but I am just not ready for any of my kids to leave.

Ben, you are a super kid. We have had some struggles a long the way, but I have never been more proud of you than I am now. You are taking on all of the characteristics of the young, respectful man that I know your father was as a boy. Your body is changing, your thinking is changing, you are changing. 

Let's see ...
  • You are 5'6".
  • You wear a size 10 shoe.
  • You are going into 8th grade at WMS.
  • Your voice has officially deepened. You have all the aspects of a young boy in puberty.
  • You play on your computer everyday. A computer that you picked out parts for and built yourself.
  • You aren't real affectionate. I have to bribe and beg for hugs :(
  • Your brothers look up to you, but you haven't quite figured out how awesome you are and how important your influence is to them. I hope that comes soon.
  • You have decided in the last year, that you don't mind friends over for a short time, but you aren't interested in having friends sleep-over or going to friends houses to sleep-over. 
  • You are VERY much like your daddy. Not social. Not materialistic. You are satisfied with very little. Easy to get along with.
  • You are an excellent cook, and cook lots of things from scratch. You enjoy it. That's from your daddy too.
 
Happy 13th Birthday, my dear sweet boy! I love you & I am so very proud of you!

No comments: