Wednesday, August 26, 2009

10 minutes of Sword Play means so much!

My parents came over so they could help finish up a few things for their 50th Anniversary Party. My mom typically comes alone - but I asked her to make sure my dad came. Andy adores my dad and so does Will. The three of them are one in the same. Andy and Will get their personality from me - and I from my dad. They love to play, make people laugh and have a good time. Andy ask constantly to go see Papa. Will asks too - but Andy definitely asks more. He will ask to see his PaPa out of the blue without any other thought.

My mom was working (for me) and so Will pulled out the Nerf Swords and gave one to his Papa. I was suprised but thrilled that my dad got up and played with them. It really made me so happy to see him up and enjoying his grandsons.











My father had a stroke several years ago and lost the use of his left arm. It took a lot of energy for him to get up and play with them. It wasn't for long - but it meant the world to them. They love their PaPa so much and really want him to be present with them.

I'm thankful for the 10 minutes of Sword play that he was able to give to them!

No comments: