Monday, March 8, 2010

Fancy Day

Ben's class read Fancy Pants last week - so today was "Fancy Day" at school. They had a field trip at school as well and went to Furrs Cafeteria for lunch. They learned how to be Fancy and how to set the table (yea me!)

Ben's idea of fancy is eleastic sweats without holes in the knees. In the past year he has declared that he does not like pants with buttons or zippers only elastic.

I wasn't sure what he would wear - he has nothing, and I mean NOTHING, fancy. I posted something on facebook about needing a suit in his size. Luckily, my girlfriend (thank you Star!), has a son, Eric, alittle older than Ben and was able to loan me one of his suits. Ben loved it! However, the pants were alittle too tight. So - he wore the jacket and shirt. I bought him some jeans (that are obviously too big), and a little tie.

And here's my almost 8 year old boy! Isn't he handsome?


Please excuse the unfolded blankets in the basket next to him : )

No comments: