At last, at last - Andy is potty-trained. We've been waiting hoping for this for awhile. I really do think he was ready weeks, maybe months before this - but someone (not naming any names - ME!) might of been a little lazy.
On Monday & Wednesday - I sent him to school in underwear! He did fantastic! Yea Andy! And then on Tuesday, Will, Andy and I went to the zoo with my girlfriend, Angie, and her son. And I took Andy in underwear - didn't even give it a second thought. He was ready ..... he's been ready and he's doing fantastic!
I am so proud of him! He's out of his crib, out of his diapers ..... now - just have to get his pacifier away from him. My plan is to only allow him to have it in his bed. I think it's going to be harder to get away from him than the diapers. He has the pacifier and his blanket (my girlfriend, Miesa, gave him the blanket when he was born and he has carried it everywhere for almost 3 years) that he LOVES! So .... we'll let him hang onto the blanket whenever he wants - but try and wean him off the pacifier.
There's a couple reasons for weaning him off the pacifier. (1) He's almost 3 and I think he's too old; and (2) it's affecting his teeth already. My dentist told me to take it away yesterday.
Next week is spring break - so my intention is to take it away before he goes back to preschool on Monday, the 22nd. Wish me luck!
March 2025
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment