EVERYTHING DAD
A little girl needs her daddy
To love her with manly charm,
To soothe her when she’s hurt,
And keep her safe from harm.
A girl needs her dad
To show her a man who’s good,
To help her make right choices,
As only a father could.
A woman needs her father
Just to be aware,
He’ll always be there for her
To sustain her and to care.
You’ve been all these things, Dad.
I hope that you can see
How much I treasure you;
You mean everything to me.
- Author Unknown
*******
This year on Father's Day I am especially grateful. My daddy is recovering from a pretty bad car accident and he is doing really well. I am so proud of him! He's strong, determined and so happy to be home healing.
As I was growing up, I often took for granted that my daddy was always around. It was something that I just always expected because it was how our family was. My daddy worked hard for my mom and his family. He never complained about having to go to work and take care of us. He loved us and we knew it! My daddy loves my mom and has always taken care of her ..... for the last 50 years. He's sacrificed his whole life so his wife and children would be happy and taken care of. I always had a stable home. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I have the most amazing father and mother and I am truly thankful!
Happy Father's Day, Daddy! I love you!




No comments:
Post a Comment