Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I typically take the boys to Church on Easter, but we didn't make it today. I have had a really crazy week - so things have been a little off. My other surprise for the kids is usually Easter baskets that the Easter Bunny leaves out on the table as well as eggs hidden in the house. I was a total slacker this year and actually do feel bad about it. The Easter Bunny left the boys a note that said "I left you baskets in a special place. I couldn't hide your eggs in the backyard b/c of rain (it did rain). Your parents will hide them." I left the note and not the baskets, b/c I didn't want the boys to wake me up at the crack of dawn. Selfishly, I wanted to sleep in b/c I am tired. With my crazy week and Andy's birthday party yesterday - I wanted some rest : ) Ben and Will ended up waking me up at 6:45 am, and David and Andy slept in (boo!). They had to wait for Andy to get up and then when he did - I brought out their baskets/buckets.


Ben and Will were very excited about the Nerf water guns and Andy was excited about his new toothbrush and toohpaste : )


Will ALL chocolatey :)

We waited until the afternoon and then hid the eggs. LAME - I know : (  The boys had fun : )
Like our fence? Wind blew it down so it's barely hangin on. Gotta fix that soon : )

Ben looking for eggs on top of the swingset : ) Silly boy!

David taking pictures of Will, Kuma and Andy. They are all looking for eggs : )

We found all the eggs and then we played in the backyard. Andy loves to play w/Teddy. He LOVES Teddy and Teddy LOVES him. He's such a great dog! We are so lucky to have him. He's such a gentle, sweet, smart dog : )

Our foster/adopted dog, Ralf. We haven't officially adopted Ralf - but we do plan too. We love him so much. He's sooooooooooo super sweet : )

After our egg hunt, playing in the backyard and a little resting - we dyed Easter Eggs. The kids really loved this part of the day : ) Don't have a lot of photos of this - but I do have 25 minutes of video : )

David and Andy : )

Andy, David, Will and Ben

Andy and Ben : )

A few of the finished eggs :)

We had a fun day - consdering I was a slacker. I promise to be better prepared next year :)

Happy Easter to all my friends and family! We love you guys and hope your day was special!

No comments: