Sunday, August 21, 2011

Advice Needed!

We are having SO much trouble getting the boys to go to bed. Well... Will & Andy that is. Ben has his own room - so he does great. He goes to bed, reads a little and then falls asleep. Will & Andy share a room. And it's miserable!!!! Will is actually very good and would go to bed. But he can't b/c the bedtime monster is bugging the dickens out of him. Yes... I am referring to Andy. He was such a great sleeper as a baby. He would sleep something crazy like 14 hours a night. Crazy, right? It was wonderful! Well now, is my payback. B/c he won't go to sleep to save my life.

I just don't know what to do to get Andy to go to sleep. He's been sleeping w/David and I for the last 2 years (he's 4). And so has Will off and on. School is starting - so we are making Will go back to his bed. He's a little scared too - but he's fine. He's a good sleeper. And with him, we would love it if Andy would get out of our bed too. David and I have not slept alone in our bed together in 9 years. I would really like to have a good nights sleep. It NEVER happens.

We intend to move in a year or so - to have more space. But for the time being, we are short on space. As I said - Ben has a room. Andy & Will share a room. David & I have a room. And then we have one bedroom that is designated for the media/xbox room. Which we really kinda need. Having the media room really helps out w/fighting and giving the kids somewhere to go.

Andy can wake up at 6am, take a nap/not take a nap, and still stay up till 11pm. It's amazing. I don't know why this kid doesn't want to go to sleep. I'm exhausted!

I am very frustrated. It seems I've had this dilemma for ever. Well ... for 9 years now. I'm ready for it to come to an end. But I don't know what to do. I've done everything I can think to do.

I would LOVE advice from other mothers who have dealt w/this or might have some ideas. I'm desperate.

No comments: