It was 17 years ago on this day that I saw a beautiful man and knew instantly I would be in his life forever. I was at Enchillada's in Downtown Dallas w/my cousin. We walked in and saw this table full of guys - about 20 of them. I immediately spotted, David - the most handsome one out of the group. Where we sat, my back was to him. I kept turning around looking through the table of guys to catch his eye. And luckily for me - he was leaning forward, trying to catch mine back. We played eye flirting all through the meal. Then it was time to go. For some reason, I was too nervous to go up to him and give him my number. I know, right? Little surprising - but I was. So, I found a maid in the building, paid her $5, and asked her to give him my number. I watched from around the corner to make sure she gave it to the right one. It took a few days and then he finally called. We met at a local bar, and I had my cousin tag along. Funny thing is - I wasn't 21. I was 20 years old and not legally old enough to drink. Of course - I was nervous to tell him that. I knew he was definitely older than me. I later found out he was 30 years old, and it took him awhile to call me b/c he knew I was young. We had a great time on our first date. My cousin ended up leaving and we talked for hours.
From that moment on, we were inseparable. We were together almost everyday for 2 years. And then, sadly, we broke up. I think I was too much for him : ) I was pretty sad about the break-up. He told me - if you were 5 years older - it would be different.
So for the next 5 years, I would call him just to check in. I wanted him to know that I was still here. I didn't want him to forget about me. (which was silly - b/c how could he, right?) Sure, he dated and I dated other people. But I knew that if I ever were to settle down - it would be w/him.
So, 5 years after our break-up, I bought a computer. And of course, I didn't know how to hook it up. So who do you think I called to come and do it? That's right - David! He came over, hooked up my computer for me ..... and after that - we were back together. And we've been together ever since (that was in February 2001).
It's been the greatest time of my life! I'm so blessed to have such an incredible man by my side! I love you David!
March 2025
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment