Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Comes to an End!

I can't believe that another year has gone by already. It's amazing that as we get older - time goes by so much more quickly.

This year has been good for our family. We have been blessed so much!

David has been working more than ever. He hardly took any time off. There were a couple of scares at the Bank, but he thankfully made it through. We pray that continues in the New Year. He hasn't spent a lot of time golfing this year. Although he did go on his annual golf trip during the summer. I hope he'll be able to golf more in the New Year. I know it relaxes him and he enjoys it so much. He was able to go and visit his mom in El Paso this year. He really enjoyed it. And was so thankful for the trip and the time w/his Mutti. Other than that, he spends time on the video games. He LOVES the video games. Santa brought the boys a new keyboard for Christmas, and David has really been enjoying it. It amazes me how he can listen to music, and just about play it on any instrument. I hope at least one (if not all) of the boys picks that up from him.

Ben is half way through 4th grade. He's struggled a little. It seems 4th grade is tougher than the other grades. But his teachers are amazing and really helping him pull through. He still loves playing any type of video game he can get his hands on. He's doing more things w/David. They take a lot of things apart to see how they work. He played Basketball the first part of the year - but didn't play anything the second half. I hope we can get him into some type of sport this next year. He did join Boy Scouts breifly - but we had to take him out of that, but we do hope to let him re-join in the New Year.

Will is half way through 1st grade. He's doing great. He loves school, but he mostly loves the social part of school. He's very much like his mommy : ) He enjoys video games as well - from time to time. But if he had his choice - he'd rather be outside climbing the nearest tree. He loves being outside and he loves to explore. He didn't play any sports this year - but he wants to give baseball a try next year. He did join Boy Scouts and he's really enjoying that. We took a little break - so he's ready to go back strong in the New Year.

Andy is in pre-k, and he goes everyday. He really enjoys school and loves his teachers. I can't believe that in 9 months, he'll be in kindergarten. It seems crazy to me. He's my baby, and he knows it : ) He also loves playing Wii & xbox. He also enjoys playing outside too. I think he loves the video games and the playtime outside equally : ) He has not played any sports yet, but he definitely wants to play soccer next year. It's all he's talked about. He tells everyone "my mommy is going to sign me 'in' for soccer." It's so cute.

Kuma is still with us (thankfully). She's 12 1/2 now. She's slowing down, but she's still got a sweet spirit. We added two other members to our family this year. Teddy, (http://wilke-family.blogspot.com/2011/02/meet-charlie.html) who is now 15 months; and Ralf (http://wilke-family.blogspot.com/2011/04/another-member-in-our-pack.html) who is about 3 1/2. The combination of the three of them, especially w/a puppy has taken some time to get use too. But Teddy is finally maturing a bit & it's making life calm down a bit for all of us.

Me? Well .... I had sort of a tough year. I had my gallbladder out in September 2010, and it's taken until now for me to feel 90% better. I had a rough year, but I think (I pray) - I am on the upside of it. I didn't have a very productive year b/c of my sickness, so I'm determined to make this next year a great one! I'm hoping to find something I can do to bring in extra income this next year. I'm not sure what that's going to be yet - but I'm praying and I'm hopeful - I will figure it out. I have alot of changes I plan to make in the New Year, that I hope will be life-long changes. i.e., take my children to Church every week; get our finances in order for future goals; feed my family better quality food, so that we are all healthier; get my household and my children more organized; blog daily; restore relationships; spend more time w/quality friends; nurture the relationships w/my boys; stop using the four letter words that slip out on a daily basis (thanks Angie); be the best mother & wife i can be. I hope with these changes it will make my already wonderful life - perfect!

I hope that all of my friends and family have a tremendous New Year! May you be blessed Richly in this coming year!

Happy New Year!

No comments: