Sunday, July 1, 2012

A week Not to Remember!

On Tuesday, June 19, my Aunt Betty had a heart attack. According to the doctors, it was one of the worst heart attacks a person could have. She had stints placed in her heart on Tuesday. She would need a by-pass but they were scared to put her through that b/c she wasn't strong enough. She was in the hospital for 6 days and then she passed early Monday morning at 12:35am. She was a great woman. One of my favorite Aunts. I didn't get to Mckinney often, unfortunately, but if I did - I always made sure I could see her. She was a beautiful woman inside and out. She left behind so many people who love and care about her. She will be forever missed!

Me, my mom, dad, brothers (Christopher & Stephen) went to visit her at the hospital on Sunday. They called in the family b/c they knew she wouldn't make it through the day/night. While visiting her, my dad, went outside to smoke in the 150 degree heat (crazy!!!) and almost passed out. The nurses checked him and said his blood sugar was extremely high and they couldn't hear any air moving around in his lungs. So, they admitted him in the hospital. He spent the next 6 days there, trying to get his lungs strong enough so he could go home. My dad has COPD and unfortunately, if you continue to smoke, it just keeps getting worse. My dad was finally released on Friday, June 29. But was sent home with 100% oxygen. His COPD has gotten so bad, from the smoking, that he can't be without oxygen - otherwise he'll go into respiratory distress.

Daddy : )

Daddy, Ben, Will & Andy


I am thankful this week is over. But really worried about what the days ahead hold for my dad. I'm so worried that he will continue to smoke. So far, he hasn't. And I'm hopeful that he doesn't. But I'm woried. I hope he chooses us, life, instead of smoking.

Aunt Betty - you will be forever missed. We love you and will remember you always!

No comments: