- I am thankful for my husband that loves me dearly. He definitely carries the burdens of the family on his shoulders and always makes sure our needs are met big or small. He gives unselfishly to us almost daily. He gives me all that I need and desire in a husband and a friend. He truly is my one and only true love. He knows when I need 'time' or a minute of rest and he makes sure that I get it. I have loved him since the day I met him and could never love a man as much as I do him. I feel blessed that this man chose me to be his wife and the mother of his children and for that I am grateful. In January we will celebrate our 6th year of marriage, but a few days before that - we will celebrate 14 years of friendship. I love to look back on the last 14 years because it makes me smile. He challenges me and truly is my bestfriend.
- I am indebted to my parents. The two people who I embrace with great respect, admiration and love. Next year they will celebrate 50 years of marriage. What an astounding honor in our world today. I feel blessed to have an incredible role model for my marriage. My parents love me no matter what I do, and they are always there to tell me when I'm wrong and pick me up if I fall. I'm thankful for their love and that they are healthy and here with me today.
- I am overcome with thanksgiving for my 3 precious boys. What a blessing they are! What an incredible blessing! It has been a journey from single life, to married life to being a mother of 3. This wasn't ever my plan for my life - but it was God's plan - and for that I'm thankful. I have the best boys in the world. Ben, is my heart. He knows how to challenge me and how to break my heart at the same time. Will, is my love. He knows when I can't go on another minute and the one thing I need is a hug, a kiss or to hear "I love you mommy" and he is always there. And Andy, is my joy. He brings me bright days full of laughter and fun. All my boys are different and unique and they are definitely a joy. Being a mother has been my biggest challenge in my life - but it's definitely the greatest. I'm thankful today for 3 healthy, smart, loving boys.
- I have said before that not many people get one friend in their lifetime who is a real true friend. I have so many! I have friends that I've had since grade school who are truly a blessing to me. I have new friends and old friends who I couldn't get through my day without. My friends are my lifelines, my way to cope with the world - and I thank you!
- I am thankful for my Church. I was out of Church for a few years when Will was sick and was unable to take him into any type of daycare setting. Finally when he was well - and Ben was 5, I took Ben and Will back to Church. I prayed for months before that day that the boys would love it - that all would go well in their classes b/c I really craved the fellowship that I got from Church. God answered my prayers! The boys loved it! It gives me great joy when they ask almost daily if it's time to go to Church. If we happen to miss a Sunday, they are sad and want to know why we can't go. It makes me happy! I will always take them to Church and show them God's love. My mother took me to Church faithfully, every Sunday, and for that I am grateful. It was the best thing that she ever did for me.
I love the Lord and I'm thankful for all that He bestows upon my family. I know that we are blessed and I pray daily, all day for all the tiny blessing that I get througout the day (a close parking spot, not fighting with Ben over the computer, Will putting on his pants, Andy sleeping in, David letting me sleep in.) There's always things I'm thankful for. But mostly, I'm thankful for a God that loves me unconditionally and allows me to have this wonderful life that I have. I have an abundance of blessings and I couldn't ask for anything more!
We had our big family gathering on Sunday at my Aunt Charley's house. It's a tradition and we've been doing it since I can remember. It's always fun and it's the one time that you can count on all of us being together. Tomorrow, I will sit around the dinner table with David, my 3 boys, my parents, my cousin and her two girls. We will give thanks for all that God gives us and doesn't give us - and for all that we have b/c we truly are blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Kate



No comments:
Post a Comment