Saturday, September 5, 2009

Grease on Broadway!

I LOVE, LOVE Grease in any form - especially in a musical. My girlfriend, Dena, loves Grease as much as I do. So we knew we had to definitely make this a girls weekend away. We booked a great hotel in downtown. Our showing was at 2pm. We met at the hotel, which was just blocks away from the Bass Performance Hall.

Don't you love the shirts? Dena's daughters BFF made these shirts for us. They were a HUGE hit. Everyone wanted one. We were sad we didn't make a bunch and sell them : )



One of the 'stars' performing was Taylor Hicks. He was the teen angel. He did a great job. And aftewards - we got in line to get a photo with him.



I have been getting pedicures for about 20 years and always get something very plain. This time - Dena talked me into getting something special to reflect the night. She always gets this elaborate art and it always looks great. So I did it ... and it was really cute. I can't say I will do it again, but it was fun! I like my plain jane nail polish : )



Here's Dena and I back at the hotel - trying to get a good shot of us.



After the musical we hit a few places in downtown. Heard some live music (The time Machine Band) and had a great time. It was a ton of fun!

I'm thankful to have gotten to spend the weekend with a great friend doing something we both love. My awesome husband kept the kids and let me have the night away. Thank you David! I love you!

No comments: