Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My mom's cataract.

My mom was told sometime ago that she needed to get the cataracts removed on both of her eyes. She's put it off for quite sometime because of one reason or another. Recently when she went to the doctor, her doctor told her she was about to become legally blind and it was crucial that she get her cataracts removed soon. Obviously - I did not know this information - or she wouldn't of waited this long. I am pretty 'protective and controlling' when it comes to my mom.

Reluctantly she made the appointment to have her cataract on her left eye removed and then she will go back in a few weeks to get the cataract on her right eye removed.

I drove her to her appointment today because my dad doesn't like to wait (he gets nervous). The appointment took about 3 hours start to finish.

The surgery went great. The doctor said once healed her eye should be close to 20/20. She won't need her regular glasses - just reading glasses.

It was pretty funny because they gave her a vallum before to relax her. She's never had any medications like that and was hesitant about taking it, but did. Afterwards she said "I imagine if I were drunk (and I don't know - b/c I have never been) it would feel something like this. I feel woo-sey." It was pretty funny.

Here she is.... I'm sure thinking "really - pictures, now?" But of course she knows me - I always ALWAYS take pictures.



Hopefully in a few weeks she'll get the other eye done. She can't believe how much better she is able to see and what she was missing out on all those years from not being able to see.

No comments: