After long, long thought - David and I decided to take Will out of Kindergarten. We are confident that it's the right decision and know that it will only benefit him!
He turned 5 July 23 - so hes a young 5. Most of the kids turn 6 before Christmas and he won't turn 6 until just before 1st grade. Right now he would be fine - but later we know he would of had a problem. Unfortunately he's a follower and worries way too much about what people think. If i had to hold him back a grade later after he already started - he would be very embarrased.
When he tests in February for the G/T program he will test for Kindergarten instead of 1st grade so I think it will improve his chances of getting into Ben's school.
I'm hoping by taking a year off - it will help him mature and be a better kindergartner and school will be easier on him later. My goal is to work with him to teach him him to read. He's very close - just needs alittle one on one time. i think having another year to mature will only benefit him!
I will keep you posted!
March 2025
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment