Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summertime!

Our summer is rapidly coming to an end. And unfortunately, b/c it's 150,000 degrees outside - we haven't done too much. We have literally stayed inside all summer. Which I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But sense I tend to get migraines in the heat, it's the only option we had. We did take our summer trip to Schlitterbahn (which you saw in an earlier post) and David is about to take his annual golf trip to New Mexico. We have a couple of parties coming up (our annual back to school breakfast, and my birthday dinner) - but then we start gearing back up for the start of the new school year.

I must say, as sad as I am for my baby boy to be starting kindergarten - I am ready for a routine. I'm ready for the days of staying up until 1am and sleeping till 10am to be gone. It's time to get back to business. And for this one year, all three boys will be in the same school. As Andy enters kindergarten, William moves to 2nd grade and Ben moves to his last year in elementary school as a 5th grader.

I have finished my school supply shopping, bought the boys all shoes, almost done w/clothes shopping - just a few things to get. Boys have all had haircuts, been to the dentists, had check up's, been to the eye doctor, and Will's been to the lung doctor. We are 100% ready.

And the good news about school starting is it means the heat wave is almost over. So, so ready for Fall!

No comments: