Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's a New Year and a Fresh Start!

Every year the big joke is that people make New Year's Resolutions and then quickly break them before days end. Last year - I only had one major resolution, and that was to lose 40 pounds - which I accomplished! Yea me!

I do have a few NYR this year. (1) to lose an additional 25 pounds which I hope to accomplish by eating well and working out; (2) to wear my hair in a ponytail less and look at myself in a mirror before I walk out of the house. I get comfortable in my routine and sometimes it's tough to remember that I also have to be presentable for the world; (3) to document my children's life so that I leave a lasting legacy for them. You will find all those entries, ramblings, memories, and accomplishments here on this blog. I also hope to backdate this blog so I can get my children's entire lives on here. David will be updating headers in hopes to keep the blog entertaining for you and for us.


We pray this year is a great one! Lots of fun things on tap for this year.
  • January 11th, David and I celebrate 6 years of marriage. Hopefully sometime in the year we'll be able to get away for a quick weekend to celebrate.
  • David has his annual golf trip in August. Which may be somewhere different this year instead of the normal trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. That will be exciting for he and his buddies to be able to try out new golf courses.
  • I am not sure what I will do for a vacation this year. Super Soap Weekend has been canceled at Walt Disney World. But I would love to go back to Discovery Cove in Orlando again. That was a phenominal experience!
  • I am planning my parents 50th wedding anniversary party on August 29th. I'm really excited about that and so happy and proud of them.
  • Will will start Kindergarten in the Fall this year! Very exciting! He can't wait. He will actually test January 24 to see if he can get into the Academy that Ben attends. We pray that he tests high enough. We are so thankful for the Academy and the great opportunities that it has provided for Ben. If he does not test in - he possibly could get a neighborhood spot in the school. The school is made up of 75% gifted/25% neighborhood. If this does not happen for him - he will go to our neighborhood school, which we also love.
  • Andy will start pre-school a few days a week in the Fall. That will be great for him. He's very social and loves to be around people. It will also be great for me - as I'll have time to actually finish something.
We are optimistic for the coming year and hopeful for a safe, healthy and rewarding year.
Happy New Year!

No comments: