Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yea Andy!

So, probably for a few weeks now Andy has been showing interest in wanting to use the potty. He knows the sensation of both duties and he knows when he's going. We haven't really paid it too much attention, b/c frankly potty training is a pain and he is young. I decided to go ahead and get him a potty seat to go on the toilet. Which he was thrilled about. His little butt is too small for the toilet seat - he falls in. : ) He's considerably shorter than Ben and Will - not to mention younger (he's 20 months).... so we knew he would need a little help getting up to the toilet.
Tonight - we were getting the boys ready for bed - Ben is peeing and Andy says he needs to pee. He walks over to the toilet (while Ben is peeing), arches his back (as to pee) and says pee pee. I told him to go tell daddy. I was trying to get Ben in bed - plus I thought he was just playing around like the other times before. David brings him into the bathroom, takes off his clothes and sits him down and guess what .................................. he peed! YEA ANDY! He was so happy with himself. All 4 of us (including Kuma) came into the bathroom and praised him. He was thrilled! He was so excited w/himself and Ben and Will were so proud of him. They gave him big hugs and hi-five's. Once he got all the praise - He was so happy, he kept pushing - trying to get more pee out. It was so cute!
I'm hoping that this is the start of him potty training. David and I would LOVE to get rid of the diapers. I think Andy would too.
I snapped this photo of him when we first got the seat - so I would have something to upload once he went potty.


We are so proud of you Andy! You are so proud of yourself and so excited! I can't wait to see what the days ahead deliver for us.

Andy - 20 months

No comments: