Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Turtle Time.

I let Kuma outside for the 100th time today and after awhile noticed she didn't come back in right away (like she always does). So I, of course, went looking for her in the back yard. I don't like her spending too much time outside in the summer heat.

I go outside and find what has her occupied ....


A turtle in the middle of our yard. I have no idea how it got there. Our houses back up to each other - we share fences and there's no alley. David says turtles bury themselves in the dirt in the winter and come up in the summer? I didn't look it up ... so I'll just accept that answer.

So I brought the boys out to look at it. Ben was at school, but Will and Andy were excited to see it. So excited in fact that they wanted to keep it. That, of course, wasn't an option - I have too many other things to feed and take care of - didn't want another added to the list. So - me, David (that's David holding it in the above picture. No way was I touching it) and the boys took the turtle to a nearby creek to set it free.  

Here we are on our walk. Will, Andy and ..... Kuma, of course, had to go. She wanted to give the turtle a little kiss : )


Andy wanted to hold the turtle. He loved it! Look how happy he is! Will .... not so much! He wasn't real interested in holding the turtle - at all!


And this is after we set the turtle free ..... poor Andy - he was heartbroken! I felt so sad for him.
He wanted to keep it! : (

No comments: