We are going to make a change, we just aren't sure what yet. Our ultimate goal is to end up w/a pool. The summers here are completely unbearable w/kids and w/o a pool. We don't intend to stay in our current residence forever - we just aren't sure how long that will be. We are busting out of the seams at our house now.
So our choices are:
(1) to put a pool in here where we are and stay another 5 -7 years. But that means making changes to the house. It desperately needs some TLC, all the way around.
(2) or save, move in 2-3 years to a bigger house w/a pool. Which would also mean putting money into the house to prepare to move (but less.)
There's a lot to consider. The ages of the kids (I have heard at about age 12, they lose interest in swimming), where they'll be in 5-7 years (school wise), how old David and I will be, and our neighborhood that we've been in since Ben was 3 months old. The boys have lots of friends here. Although, I think as they get older, they probably tend to not hang out w/kids around them as often and maybe more w/certain friends (I guess!).
Is it better to move now while they are young (they are 9, 7 and 4), or wait till they are older? It's hard to think of them aged 5-7 years and what that will be like as far as friends, etc.
We are just uncertain of what our next step should be. We don't intend to get a pool this summer, so we have a little while to decide which direction we would like to go.
Anyone have any tips/advice? I would LOVE to hear it ....
March 2025
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment