Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me!

I had the best day yesterday! David and the boys really took care of me and pampered me all day.

Here's how my day went ....
  • I slept in - which was FAB-U-LOUS!
  • Then I woke up to this .....

Someone TP'd our house. Luckily there wasn't too much of it, so didn't take long to clean up. David and I were confused. We don't quite understand - as our kids aren't the age for this. My only thought is that the kids think I am the coolest mom on the street (they really do : ) and they wanted to give me a Mother's Day present. Ha!

I've asked some teenagers and they say different things as to why this happens. So I will draw my own conclusion that they wanted to surprise me for Mother's Day!
  • After I dealt w/our house being TP'ed - I had some beautiful gifts from my boys. David got me some jewerly from Brighton (w/my help : ) The boys made me cards and Andy made me a plant at school. It was really sweet : )
  • I met my mom at Starbucks for Coffee. I wanted to see her and give her her Mother's Day gifts. I got her a cross necklace from Brighton : ) I also got her a pair of sandals for Church, and a gift card to Starbucks (she loves to go on her way to Church sometimes). 

We had a good time together. I am so blessed with the greatest role model for a mother. I love her dearly and am truly thankful everyday for such an incredible woman. I love you mom!
  • After coffee, I came home and hung out w/my boys a bit
  • Then, I left and had a little me time. I went to Stonebriar Mall and walked around. It was great. Hadn't been there in forever.
  • Left the mall and went to Sam's to get food for the evening.
  • Came home and had dinner w/the family.
  • Put the boys to bed and watched a movie w/my guy.
  • Then caught up on some of my shows and went to bed late.
It was a great, great Mother's Day! I am one lucky girl! Thank you boys for making this day so special for me. I love you to the moon and back : )

Oh .... and it really helped that the weather was awesome ....

Happy Mother's Day to my sweet, sweet mother-n-law, whom I am thankful everyday for and whom I love dearly; to my mother and all my mom friends! I hope your day was as great as mine!

No comments: