Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Royal Wedding

How many of you (like me), have been waiting for this? I think I set my DVR a month ago to see The Royal Wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton. I guess all of the talk about it and the excitement has really gotten me into it. It's a fairytale. I set my DVR to record it, because it aired from 3am-9am. And although I wanted to see it, I didn't want to see it at 3am. I do love my sleep :)

The important part of this wedding is that it's a part of our history. This probably won't happen for another 30 years. Prince William is in line to be King of England, and then after him would be his heir - if he & Kate should have a boy.

I watched the entire thing - all 6 hours. Not all at once - but all in one day. I loved the coverage of all the pre-wedding stuff. It was great.

I thought the wedding was really beautiful and classy. I couldn't believe how calm Kate looked. It was like she was so happy to be marrying the man of her dreams and nothing else mattered. And as if she was getting married in front of 50 people instead of the entire world - such as it was. She seemed really, really happy.

We know for us girls, it's about the dress, right?. Didn't you love Kate's? I thought it was beautiful and fit her perfectly. It was timeless.


I loved when Prince Harry and Prince William were driving in the processional. The cars were really awesome with the clear glass all the way around so you could see them clearly. They were saluting, what seemed to be randomly. I still haven't figured out what they were saluting at? Maybe Flags? It was super cool and humbling.


Kate and Prince William looked so happy. She was smiling the whole time.


This is after the wedding, going to Buckingham Palace for their balcony viewing and their kiss : ) As they are along their journey - Prince William salutes and Kate bowed her head. This happened several times. I wish I knew what they were saluting at. It was very humbling.


 And the first and second kiss. It was pretty cute to watch them b/c they would nod and each other like "Okay, now?" It was really sweet.


I thought it was a great wedding and a great part of history. So happy I was able to watch it.

Congratulations to The Royal Family!

No comments: