This year was our first year to attend the Adolphus Childrens Christmas parade. David stayed home w/Andy and Ben, Will and I ventured into the cold. I talked to a girlfriend, Andria, who told me that I had to get there early to stake out a good spot. The parade started at 10am. The boys and I left the house at 7:00 am and got to downtown at 7:30am. We found a great spot just down from the Adolphus. We sat there in the freezing cold, with no sunshine for 2 1/2 hours waiting for the parade to start. I didn't know what to expect, but I did pack heavy jackets, gloves, hats, scarves, blankets, 2 small chairs for the boys and the wagon to pull them in. I should of brought heavier blankets and a chair for myself. That would of been ideal. Aside from all the gear - we had a great time. The boys really enjoyed themselves and I was pleasantly surprised that the parade was a lot longer than 15 minutes (like they are at Disney). It was a good hour long - which made the wait worth it.
(1) Ben and Will all snug in their winter gear waiting for the parade; (2) Ben and Will in the front (next to our green wagon) laying down waiting patiently. I love this shot b/c it looks like a bunch of homeless people.
This is the building David use to live in many years ago. We were actually sitting just down from it a little. It was neat to tell the boys their daddy use to live there. They of course couldn't believe he would live in the middle of downtown, but it really was a primo location.

We saw Santa, Snowman, Barney, some of the Dallas Stars, Ironman, Spiderman, Elvis, Elsie the Cow, Bob the Builder, characters from Star Wars, Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat, Max from Max and Ruby, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Rudolph, the Incredible Hulk, The Texas Rangers, and of course Santa Claus. There were many more appearances than this ... so, so many.
We saw Santa, Snowman, Barney, some of the Dallas Stars, Ironman, Spiderman, Elvis, Elsie the Cow, Bob the Builder, characters from Star Wars, Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat, Max from Max and Ruby, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Rudolph, the Incredible Hulk, The Texas Rangers, and of course Santa Claus. There were many more appearances than this ... so, so many.



No comments:
Post a Comment