It's been 3 years, 2 months and 26 days of Andy having his "binky, pacifier, baby" and Today, Finally, it is Gone! He stayed awake till 1:00 am two nights ago (Sunday) and finally passed out from exhaustion and it was without his binky. He lost it and couldn't find it and we were so tired (and annoyed) that we didn't bother to find it. He woke up yesterday and asked for a bit. We were moving furniture and changing the boys rooms around, and he found it. He had it for his nap - then he lost it again. This time I hid it. He went to bed w/o it and I have to say, he's really done ok. He normally wakes up several times a night looking for it and he slept the whole night through. He has asked for it - but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
Sometimes when he cries and wants it, I feel sad because it's been his comfort (in combination w/his blue blanket and pillow from Ikea) for over 3 years. But it passes and he's ok and so am I! I had planned to take it away before he starts preschool in September. So I'm thankful that it's gone now.
Update - October 13, 2010: After Andy gave up his Binky, he also gave up his blue blanket and his Ikea Pillow. All three were a package deal and made up his "baby". Well recently, in the last week - he has picked up the blanket again and is enjoying it again. He isn't really wanting the pillow b/c he prefers to sleep w/o a pillow.
March 2025
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment