Sunday, July 25, 2010

Will's Party/Sleep-over

Last year we had a pretty big party combined for Ben and Will - so this year we did something smaller. They each got to invite a few friends over and have a sleep-over. Will invited 3 boys (Scott, Jacob and Blake).
Here's his invite for the party!
Our theme: Super Mario Bros

I normally get my cakes from Terri, but since I was only having a few boys - I decided to make the cake on my own. I've only made one other cake and that was a Birthday Cake for Jesus at Christmas. But I found it was easy (from a box). Betty Crocker really does a good job : )



My challenge was decorating - as I am not the artist in the family. That would be my husband and he's on vacation. So I was alone to create Super Mario on the cake. I used some spray icing from a can w/decorative tips. I think it turned out fine ... for the kids, at least, they all liked it. But as you can see, I am not a cake decorator. The good news is - my Boy loved it and said the cake was awesome (Yea Mommy!)
 

Here's the boys playing outside with their Super Mario and Luigi hats on. Sun is in their eyes that's why they are squinting.
In picture: Scott, Will, Blake, Jacob and Andy (without his hat)
 
 
So, lets try again w/o the sun shining in their eyes.
In the picture: Jacob, Scott, Blake, Will and Andy
 
 
Present time:
He got a cool car from Blake, a game from Scott and Super Smash Brothers for the Wii from Jacob.
From mommy and daddy he got a Nintendo DSI
 
 
What party doesn't have goodie bags? We love goodie bags.
Inside was a Mario or Luigi hat, a Super Mario Bros water jug, and some Super Mario Bros gummies
 
 
It was a great party. We ordered pizza, played games and watched a movie. The boys had fun!

At the end of the night - the 3 boys decided not to spend the night. They weren't quite ready for sleep-overs. Will was really disappointed b/c he wanted his friends to sleep-over, but eventually he understood it wasn't him they didn't want to be with - they just weren't ready and that was fine!
 
And this morning - when we all slept until 9:30 a.m. - I was thankful that we didn't have a sleep-over : )
 
Happy Birthday William! We Love you Sweet Boy!

No comments: