Monday, August 23, 2010

A 3rd Grader and a Kindergartener ....

Today was the first day of school for Ben and Will. The boys have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this day. They were so excited!

I woke up at 6:20 am and Ben was already awake, dressed and watching TV. I barely got up - got dressed and he was ready to go. Not too bad - only an hour early : )

It was time to go - so we loaded up the truck w/backpacks, school supplies and teacher gifts and headed to school. We got there about 10 minutes early - so I took a few minutes to take pictures before walking the boys inside.

Ben, 8 years; Will, 6 years

Ben and Will next to the Flag pole : )

I took Ben to his class first. He told me I didn't have to walk him everyday (ha!). I told him I was there to carry his school supplies because they were heavy. Totally the truth - but a good excuse for me to take my boy to class on the first day of 3rd grade.

Ben hanging his backpack

Ben standing next to his desk. My sweet boy!

I walked Will to his class next. He was really excited to go to school and tell his ID number to his teacher. If he memorized it - he got a sticker and he was so excited about it!

Will's kindergarten class : )

We got into his classroom and things changed quickly with him. He was sad, nervous and scared. He was fighting back the tears (and so was I). I felt so sad for him!

Here he is sitting at his desk.

Look at that face. He's so sad : (

More sad : (

The little boy next to him is the brother of one of Ben's friends in his grade. We were able to get them moved next to each other - which helped a little. He still looks scared, but he felt slightly better.

Me and Will
(Man, I look old! Actually today is my 36th birthday! Happy Birthday to me : )

Will's backpack hanger.

After I left Will - I went back by to check on Ben. He was putting away his supplies and organizing his binder. He was happy.

Then I went back by Will's class. Mrs. Cole was asking them questions about what they liked to do (play on computer, color pages, etc) and Will wouldn't raise his hand. Poor lil' guy!

Our awesome principal (white shirt). Our school is phenominal b/c of her.
and our new assistant principal. Excited to see what the year holds.

I finally left the school. I didn't want to leave. I was so sad for Will.

I went back to eat lunch w/Will. I actually just sat on the table in front of him b/c he wanted to sit w/his friends. Which I was glad about. And he was actually doing better and was happy. He hugged me several times and was still alittle unsure - but he was ok! My boy was ok! I am so, so relieved.

Here's Will eating his pizza, mashed potatoes, corn and chocolate milk

He got his sticker for knowing his ID number. He was so proud! Way to go William!

Andy and Will : )

We are excited about school starting. It means many things.... schedules, more organized days and evenings, school activites. And it means cooler weather is on the way ......

Happy Almost Fall and Happy 1st Day of School!

No comments: