Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!


Today is my 36th birthday! Really? 36? Holy Cow! Where did the time go? I don't feel 36. And I'd like to think (at least I hope) - I don't look 36. I still feel like I should be in my 20's. Everyone says age is just a number. Yeah - I don't buy it. I am pretty freaked out about being 4 years away from 40. Who isn't, right? Oh dear... that's another bridge to cross. I serioulsy don't want to think about that.

When I was in my 20's, I thought my life would be different than it is now. I would be single, living in a large city, in a high-rise in downtown (maybe New York City), wearing freshly pressed suits and high heels that coordinated w/my handbag to a fabulous job everyday. Yeah - that would of been great, huh?

Well - that's not what was in store for me. I met the love of my life when I was 20 years old and that was the start of history. We met, fell in love, broke up, and then got back together 6 years later. And 10 years, and 3 boys after that - here we are! I am a stay at home mom, whose clothing rarely coordinates w/anything and this is my suburban life! It has it's great moments, it's up and downs - but it's my life. And I would take it over any other life. I am thankful on my birthday for my incredible husband and my three beautiful, loving boys.

I pray time slows down abit so that I can enjoy the life, the family I have. It seems as I get older - time goes by so much more quickly. I want to savor it and I want to be young enough to be an active part of my boys lives. My 4 boys are my world!

Here's me at 36 years YOUNG
and my sweet (silly) baby, Andy,  he's 3!

No comments: