Friday, October 29, 2010

Creepy Crawlees

Andy had his "Harvest Party" at school today and the theme was Creepy Crawlees. Total Fun! Since I am the room mom - I was in charge of the party. Which was alot of fun getting all the 'party decor' for the classroom to surprise the kids. And the pizza for lunch.

A Creepy Crawlee theme also meant he needed a costume. I mentioned to our wonderful director that Andy would probably wear his Buzz Lightyear costume (because he loves LOVES all things Buzz) and she said "oh - you gotta make something Creepy Crawlee." I guess that's what I get for giving her my Christmas cards every year. She thinks I'm creative. Ha! Well - I took it as a challenge and decided to try and make something. I searched the internet for ideas and came up with an easy costume to make "A Fly."

I got a pair of black pants and a hoodie from Walmart. I got one large sytrofoam ball from Hobby Lobby, cut it in half and painted it red for the eyes. I got white nylon and fabric stiffener to make the wings. I enlisted David to help me. I made the eyes, and he made the wings.

Here's David making a pattern for the wings. You can see the eyes are finished and on the hoodie.
Never any pictures of mommy in action : )

Here's David drying the fabric stiffener and the wings so they'll be nice and stiff.
Well, actually he's drying Will here - but he did dry the wings :)

And here's our little Fly.




Andy loved his costume and was so proud of it. He woke up the morning of his party and said "I'm so excited to wear my fly." It made it all worth it : )

Of course he loved it so much that he wore it all of 10 minutes. Well - at least he got to show it off alittle : )

Cute sign made by the ladies in the office to show off our theme.

I got to the classroom early while the kids were in music so I could decorate. I went with green, black, white and red. I got little bugs in those colors to put on the tables. The kids loved them. It made it so much fun.



Our awesome teachers (Mrs. Lisa and Mrs. Tammi)


The kids eating their pizza. Andy's in the front on the right, in the red shirt : )
I got the Pizza from Cosco. It was $10 for a large pizza and they cooked it. Totally a great deal and yummy pizza!
He loved the buggies :)


and he loved his pizza :)

he was excited to use the plastic knife to cut his pizza. good thing the teachers didn't see that : )
yes, i know ... we do let him cut his food at home w/a knife. It's a kids knife - it's okay.

It was a great party and the kids really enjoyed it. I think the decorations turned out great and the party was a success! We have great mom's in our classroom that love to help out : )

No comments: