Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Card 2010

This year I had a great idea of what I wanted to do for our card. Well - Actually it was David's idea and then I tweaked it to what I wanted. I have to give him some credit : )

We (and when I say we, I mean David....) set up the lights to do a "practice" run. We soon realized that this wasn't going to work and threw in the towel.

So - one day after school I picked the boys up from school and we drove around until I landed at Woodbridge golf course. I got the kids out and tried to get them to sit still so I can get a few photos. Let me tell you .... it was NOT fun! They complained and whined the entire time. I threatened that Santa may not come if I couldn't get my photos. Mean? Yes! But I was desperate. After all - it's only a week from Christmas and I haven't got my Christmas card done. You think, after ALL the things I do for them, they could give me this one thing.... 5 minutes to sit still and smile, but NOOOOOOOOOO!

Ben ...... "I hate wearing jeans. Why can't I wear sweats?"
Andy .... "This sweater is itchy."
Will ..... "It's cold, I'm tired."

Next year - maybe I'll do something different. I'll publish the outtakes of my photos b/c I have to work way less hard for those. I get those pretty easy. Or maybe I'll start in January working on my card and do something of the whole year. I love sending out cards (as I love getting them) .... but this last minute stuff is not fun - for them or me.

I finally got some photos of them, made my card and sent it off. Stay tuned .... it's coming!

No comments: