Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ever wonder why I blog?

I use to be a scrapbooker. I actually really enjoyed it. I did a book of Ben's first two years and it was great. I went on scrapbook retreats - which was really relaxing. I loved it!

And then William was born. He was pretty busy. I couldn't get my scrapbook stuff out w/o having to pick it up when I was done. And that was even if he'd let me scrap in the first place. It became very tough.... So - I went years w/o doing anything. Felt very guilty about it, but just didn't have time or space to scrap anymore.

I didn't really know about blogging at that point. David knew about my frustration and sadness about not being able to scrap. So he started this blog for me on June 3, 2008. He entered the first post. Which you can see here: http://wilke-family.blogspot.com/2008/06/post-number-one-its-great-to-be-here.html.

I do plan to go back to the beginning of our little family and update it here on this blog. My hope is to create a digital scrapbook for my boys. I haven't completed a year yet. I need to go back and make sure that I haven't left anything important out. And once I do that, I will print yearly books from this blog. It will be a book of our life and stories during that year. I will print 4 books of each year. One for me and David, and for each of the boys. I will place the books in their memory box that I have for each of them. And when they are grown and have their own families - they will be able to share their life, their journey w/their own family.

As an adult, I have hardly any pictures from my childhood and my past. And we all know, as you get older - your memory starts to fade and you forget. I don't want to forget and I want my boys to remember .... that's why I blog!

No comments: