Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More snow?

We woke up this morning to another snow storm and FREEZING temperatures. What is the deal? It's been like 2 weeks of this weather. Very unusual for Texas. Although, this storm isn't as bad as the last one - I was awoken by loud sleet coming down. There's not much snow - but it is soooooooo cold outside. The temp is 20 degrees, w/a wind chill of 10 degrees. The wind is blowing hard. You can't stay outside long.

And so .... w/the weather this cold, the sleet, freezing temperatures .... there's no school AGAIN today. This is the 5th missed school day. The school calendar has only allotted 2 make-up days. I have heard the school can file a waiver w/the district for the kids not to have to make up the days. I hope they do that. It would be sad for school to run an extra week into summer.

I think the temperatures are supposed to be in the mid-60's this weekend. So ready for that. The kids are even tired of it. Thankfully, they didn't ask to play in it today. Of course, there's not much to play in ... but sooooo thankful. Way too cold outside.

Come on spring.....

No comments: