Sunday, September 5, 2010

Carlsbad, NM

My girlfriend, Nikki, got married and I, of course, had to attend her wedding. Nikki is my friend, I met at Super Soap Weekend at Disney every year (well until it was canceled). I really wanted to go and I wouldn't miss it for the world! Not missing it - meant I had to fly to Roswell, NM on a pedal jumper. Yes - that's right ... a Pedal Jumper! I was pretty nervous about that, but I wasn't going to miss the wedding.

I met another one of Nikki's friends (also Nicky) at the airport (she was connecting to Dallas from Charleston) and she and I flew to Roswell together.

Nicky and I at the airport

Made it off the death trap and landed in Roswell. Yes, that's a ramp I'm walking down towards a buiding that looks like a strip mall - but is really the airport. Nice, huh?
See the lady in the red dress. She was my flight mate.
A 72 yr old Cougar. Yes, that's right .... Cougar! You go girl... uh, lady - old lady?!

I had to step back to get the whole image in. I had never seen anything like this before.

Nicky and I got the rental car, headed out of the airport and on to Carlsbad.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express which was the nicest hotel there. Really! Nicky made all the arrangements, and I was really glad she took her time to find a hotel. There were some scarey choices.
That's Nicky over there. Hi, Nicky : )

We stopped at Carlsbad Caverns for some photos.
We didn't go in the caverns. She and I just wanted souvenoirs for our kids.


Me and Nicky
(I set the timer on my camera and ran down that hill a couple of times to get the shot. Fun!)

We finally made it to Washington Ranch where the wedding was, and finally got to see Nikki.

Nicky, me and Nikki

Nicky and I really had a great time w/each other. This was our first trip together (w/o Nikki) and since there was nothing to do in this town - it was good we entertained each other pretty well. I think we laughed the entire time. We definitely weren't ready for Carlsbad, NM and had no idea what to expect. We drove alot and saw a whole lot of nothing ..... literally! But we definitely had a great time!

IT'S WEDDING DAY!

Me and Nikki. Her dress was absolutely beautiful! She looked fantastic!
(I didn't realize I was that much shorter than her : )

Nikki and her daddy. So beautiful!

Sam & Nikki

The wedding was beautiful! I had a great time w/Nicky, as well as Nikki and her family and friends. Everyone was so nice and made us feel like part of the family. I am so glad I went and was able to share in this day with Sam & Nikki! Sam is a fantastic guy and I know he will make Nikki blissfully happy!

Congrats to you Nikki & Sam! I love you guys!

No comments: