Monday, September 27: My mom is being released from the hopsital today. Hopefully for the last time. She was taking an over-counter sinus medication that was affecting her blood pressure. As well as the two medications they gave her on Saturday when she was released weren't working well together. So - they have regulated her medication, given her antibiotics for a urinary tract infection and for her sinus infection. I pray that this is the answer and she will get well and be okay.
Thank you for all your prayers. My mom, my family and I appreciate it so much!
Sunday, September 26: My mom is headed back to the Emergency Room tonight. Her blood pressure is back up to 217/94. She called her doctor and asked if she could take more blood pressure medication and he told her no - she needed to go back to the Emergency Room. Hopefully once she's seen - they'll figure out why her blood pressure keeps rising.
Saturday, September 25: My mom was released from the hospital today (not soon enough for her). They did a sonogram of her heart today, but we haven't gotten the results from it. They were able to get her blood pressure under control and gave her two new blood pressure medications. Hopefully this well help and her blood pressure will stay in control.
Friday, September 24: I got a call from my mom early this morning, saying she was headed to the Emergency Room. She was having difficulty breathing. And last night she felt as though she had an 'elephant sitting on her chest.' She told the Emergency folks how she was feeling and they were concerned it might be her heart. They took her blood pressure and it was 214/85. They ran many tests - everything came out okay. Even though, all tests were okay - they wanted to keep her overnight for observation.
I took this photo of her when I got to the hospital. She wasn't happy, complaining and wanted to leave. I reminded her that she hates when my dad acts like a 5 year old when he's at the hospital and she was doing the same. I think it helped because she stopped complaining : )
Her blood pressure has been really high all day. They gave her some med's and only want her out of bed to go to the bathroom. She has had a sinus infection all week and the doctor said not being able to breathe through her nose, and not breathing correctly - could cause her blood pressure to raise? Is that true? I wish I knew the answer. I didn't know that was possible. I really hope that's all that it is.
My mom was not happy when she found out she had to stay in the hospial overnight. She began to cry and got really emotional. She said "in all of my 69 years, I have never had to stay in the hospital and I don't want to stay now." My brother, Stephen, had to leave the room (too much for him) - and I managed to calm her down and get her to understand that it was okay and that it was better to know then to not know.
I am really worried and pray that this is something very minor. I talked with my mom and reminded her that she's really not in that poor of health - that if she made a few changes, she could add many years to her life - which in turn I would be forever greatful for. The biggest change is to stop smoking. She told me she's only smoked 3 cigaraettes a day for the past week. She's trying to cut back so she can stop. I am elated and so very proud of her! She also needs to change her diet and exercise. I pray when she gets out of the hospital - she adjusts her life and makes these changes.
My mom is truly my bestfriend and I would be incomplete without her in my life. I need her!




No comments:
Post a Comment