It all started a few weeks ago on a Sunday. I started having some gastric issues. I didn't quite understand why I wasn't feeling well or why I was having this problem, but I just wrote it off and went on about life. 4 days later - I had (what I know now), was my first gallbladder attack. And then my second, and then the third. The day after my 3rd gallbladder attack (which lasted 5 hours of me being bent over on the floor in a cradle position), I had some chest pains that concerned me. I had had chest pains before - but they normally went away w/in a few minutes. This lingered for several hours. I finally decided I should go to the ER .... I was afraid maybe I was having a heart attack. The ER doctors checked me over and said "we'll check your heart, but it sounds like your gallbladder." To make a long story short .... after leaving the ER, scheduling a HIDA Scan to determine if it was my gallbladder - it was in fact my gallbladder. For 2 weeks I was on a Gallbladder diet so that I could control the attacks. I did very well at controlling them ... even lost 12 pounds. Yea me! The surgery was scheduled for Thursday, September 16.
The morning of the 16th, David and I took the boys to school and went on to the hospital. I was delighted to find out that one of my childhood friends, Shannon, was my nurse. Total coincidence - but I was thrilled. I would be completely knocked out for the surgery. The surgery went well. It was my first time to have anesthesia - so I was alittle scared about that. But it was fine! I didn't get sick at all - which I was thrilled about.
This is me before surgery. Cute, huh?
Today, 4 days later - I have no recollection of most of the events that happened that Thursday and even some of Friday. It's weird how that anesthesia works. But I feel better. My pain is starting to lessen and I am somewhat starting to feel normal.
I am thankful for my awesome husband, the wonderful surgical center, my doctor and the nurses (especially my great friend, Shannon) - who took great care of me. I hope soon I will be 100% and be back to my duties as wife, mother and the occasional photographer.
And now for the first time in 36 years - I will have something to add on my medical history ..... exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment