Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's Christmas Time in the Wilke Family .....

Christmas is always such a fun season for us! The boys are getting old enough to really understand the true meaning of Christmas! And Ben's almost at the age to where he's figuring out about St. Nick. I actually think he knows ... he's just not ready to give up the magic : )

12/1/09: We finally got around to putting up our decorations. And that included the boys trees in their rooms.

Here's Andy, and his tree - in his room ... that he decorated all on his own.

Here's Ben and Will with their tree. I had to crop this picture because as always the boys are in their undies. Very hard to get photos in our house with them wearing clothes.

12/3/09: We loaded up the kids and took them to the Rowlett Tree Lighting. It happened to be FREEZING outside! People were leaving as we were walking off because they couldn't stand the cold. We actually didn't last long either. Just long enough to snap a few photos.

Here we are with the chick-fil-a cows. The boys are interestingly scared of animals in costumes. So of course me, I'm telling them "it's ok, it's only a guy in a costume," rather loudly I was told.
David reminded me not to ruin it for everyone else. Funny, I was not even thinking about it, I
just didn't want the boys to be scared. But I felt bad later. Hopefully I didn't ruin anyones magic.

Here are the boys playing on the Mark Twain statue in front of the library. Funny,
David kept calling it "Einstein" and was wondering why no one else laughed.
Probably not good, but it was only for a quick picture : )

12/4/09: Typically David's mom (Oma) sends the boys chocolate advent calendars. This year - she didn't send them which was ok .... we found these cool lego advent calendars. They had a different lego set for each day to countdown to Christmas! It was pretty cool ... but probably a little too much. I think next year we'll stick to the chocolate advent calendars : )

David, Will & Ben....

Ben...

Will...



No comments: