We did the trick-or-treating and boy was that fun. The boys LOVED it! Now ..... we are left w/buckets and buckets of candy. What to do with it? Our school is having a carnival this weekend and they are taking candy donations. So - we'll give it to them. But how do we get the boys to relinguish all that candy? It's simple .... well - at least I hope it is.
I told the boys they could each pick 20 pieces of candy to keep. What's magic about 20? I don't know. Maybe b/c I, myself, can eat 5 in one sitting. Ha! Anyways ... so - they pick 20 pieces of candy they want to keep and then they give the rest of it in trade for a treat. This treat can be anything w/a $20 limit.
I told the boys about my deal. Ben was totally into it. After trick-or-treating - he went straight to his room, counted out 20 pieces and gave me the rest. Now - that's my boy! Luckily for him he isn't a candy junkie. What does he want as his treat? Dragon Ball-Z DS Game. The best $20 I ever spent.
Will was reluctant to agree at first. Candy is definitely is drug of choice (sorry for the comparison - couldn't think of anything else). He finally agreed though. He counted out 20, gave me the rest and asked if I would keep it around if he wanted some later. I explained to him that wasn't how the deal worked. He agreed - finally : ) His treat: A Spiderman DS Game. 2 down .... 1 more to go!
Andy isn't quite on board. Although these days he's obsessed with Buzz Lightyear. So - my plan is to take him to the toy section at Target and show him all the cool Buzz Lightyear toys. Dirty trick, I know. But whatever works, right? And I bet soon he will be on board......
So .... hopefully in a few days - I will have all this extra candy out of my house. I love candy too much to have it here.
I am proud of myself for such a great idea to get rid of the candy (patting myself on the back now). Even David (who isn't much into spending money) .... thought it was a good idea - to get rid of the candy. It's either a $20 treat, or a $200 trip to the dentist. Take your pick!
March 2025
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment