Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks GIVING

This Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for and I know I am truly blessed. I have an incredible man who loves me, provides for me and our boys, 3 healthy (although a bit crazy) boys, my parents are still in love with each other after 51 years - and for that I am thankful. My life is just as it should be and I couldn't ask for anything more.

We had a Thanksgiving meal last Saturday with David's family. So tomorrow - it will be just me, David and the boys. We won't eat another Thanksgiving meal - we'll probably do something simple. My mom and dad are with my Nanny - as they should be. I am sad not to be with them - but I do understand. My dad hasn't left my Nanny's side - he needs to be with her.

Although I am truly thankful, I am sad today. My Nanny is still in the nursing home on hospice. I want to be thankful and happy today, but my heart is heavy and my mind is weary. I feel bad for being thankful and happy when my grandmother is dying. I pray for Peace and Comfort for her in these last days/weeks (hopefully years) of her life.

Happy Thanksgiving, Friends!
From the Wilke's

"We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing; He chastens and hastens His will to make known; The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing, Sing praises to His Name: He forgets not His own."

No comments: