I always dread this time of year because of the viruses and germs that are going around. William's got a bad cough and some congestion that isn't getting better. He almost had an attack a week ago on the way to school. And because of that - we are a week into breathing treatments 3x a week for him. He has to take one before school, one during school, and the last before bed.
It's always so tough when we have to give him treatments like this. I don't sleep because I worry about him constantly. He worries because he's now aware of why he needs the treatments and he freaks out when he starts coughing really hard or is having a hard time. If I am busy - he will give himself his treatment.
And on top of that - he's been having stomach issues for probably the past 6 months. We've done every test there is to try and figure it out, but the doctors haven't found an answer. Although - today, I think I found it. I think (and of course, I'm not a doctor), it's anxiety induced? Is that possible? Of course - I'll do a ton of research to see if I can find anything to back up my motherly intuition. The reason I think this, is because Ben missed school today. He's not feeling well. And with that, means Will had to go to school "alone". He was so upset, so worried, so scared about going "alone" that his stomach started hurting him pretty bad. I got him to calm down and he started feeling somewhat better.
I really just disklike this time of year for sickness. I spend most of my time worrying about Will because I'm so scared he's going to have an attack and I won't be able to control it with the medication. The doctors have said he's getting better - he's hopefully growing out of it. And last winter, was actually not too bad - but it's barely November and he's already had an attack (almost). I hope that's not what's in store for us to come.
I pray for my sweet boy that his lungs will get stronger and that he will outgrow this forever. In the meantime - we will start washing hands alot more than we already do and be more cautious about staying healthy.
March 2025
1 year ago



1 comment:
Heather had anxiety-induced stomach issues when she was a kid. She had every test that Children's Hospital knew how to perform, and the diagnosis was anxiety that was causing ulcers. I can't remember what my parents did to help her. But, anyway, follow your instincts and at least check into this for Will! You're a good mom to him!
Post a Comment