Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bernice Wilson "Nanny"

Tonight my heart is filled with sadness. I got a call from my cousin, that my sweet, perfect, 95 year old Grandmother, Bernice Wilson, has passed from this world. My Nanny is gone!

I feel great sadness because I will miss her so much. I love her more than I can express. But I know, these last months, weeks, days, hours leading up to this have taken it's toll on her tiny, fraile body. And I am thankful to God that she is no longer suffering. 

My Nanny has lived 25 years without my PawPaw and I know she has longed to be with him. She has lost 2 of the 8 of her children and she was ready to be with them.

I thank God for my family in McKinney who live near her and have sat vigile her bedside. I am truly thankful for them. I am thankful she was not alone when she took her lasts breaths from this world.

I wasn't always the granddaughter I should of been, visiting her as much as I wish I would have - but I will love her and miss her for the rest of my life.

David, Nanny and Me
January 11, 2003

I love you, dear sweet Nanny!

No comments: