Monday, January 31, 2011

Sickly Weekend!

Friday (pm): We started the weekend out with our first Family Friday Night Movie. We watched Open Season 3. Ben and Will seemed into it - but Andy, not so much. He more wanted to play than watch the movie. So, I was thankful when it was over. Sometimes he will sit and watch and movie and I hoped he would be into this movie. We'll try again next Friday night w/a different movie. The boys really love the idea (especially Ben) and are excited to make it a tradition.

So - after the movie, I may/may not have told Ben and Will to go to bed - I can't remember. But w/in 5 minutes of the movie being over, they were both in bed - asleep. It was only 9pm. NEVER happens in our house (especially w/Ben)! So - I knew they were sick. Plus, they both mentioned they went to the clinic at school for sore throat, stomach ache.

I went in to check on Ben about 11pm and check his temperature. It was 104. Holy moly! So, I stripped him down, gave him tylenol, put a wet cloth on his head, and he went back to sleep. 45 minutes later, I checked again and it still wasn't down. So I gave him motrin .... it finally brought it down.

Saturday (am): David and I took the boys to the doctor. Andy's had nose junk and been coughing all week. Will has started. I made David go w/me b/c I knew they would have to do the throat swab for strep and I had to do them one at a time or it wouldn't happen. They HATE being swabbed. They also tested Ben for flu. Ben and Andy were positive for strep. Will was negative, but Dr looked at his throat and decided he was probably starting to get it. Ben's flu test was negative. Everyone got antibiotics for strep.

Here's our doctor checking Will : )



(Saturday pm): By the time we got home, Ben's temp was 103.6. I gave him tylenol and he threw up (empty stomach). He was in bed all day. He was really sick. He had a fever all day.

David and I took turns playing outside w/Will and Andy. It was a beautiful day - 72 degrees. Really nice day!

Sunday (am): Boys still weren't feeling well. Still all felt kinda down and Ben was running fever off and on all day.

(Sunday afternoon): Will was outside playing basketball and actually jammed his finger pretty bad. I tried to pop it (something Uncle Ray taught us) - but it didn't work. It was pretty sore and on his right hand (his writing hand).

So ... no school today for the boys. They still aren't 100%.  And they are predicting bad weather the rest of the week.

Hopefully the weather isn't too bad and the boys get better soon.

No comments: