


In our neighborhood, within about 1/2 block we have 20 boys, and usually when David gets off work he's outside playing golf with most of them. The boys really enjoy it and I know David does too. And because of that Ben aka 'mini me of david' has really taken to it quite a bit. He asked to take a golf camp - and of course, how could we refuse the son of a avid golfer. We signed Ben up and last week (July 7-11) Ben took the camp. When we got to the camp, it was at a local baseball field - Ben said "how can I play golf here? there aren't any holes?" I said "son, you are learning the basics of golf - the principles and how the game is played." He said "oh great - how can I play without sandtraps or a flag? this isn't going to be good golf." I left him at the camp and walked away thinking how much he has grown up and how much he communicates what he's feeling. I couldn't believe - although I know he's 6 - that my little boy would soon not be my little boy anymore.
Ben had a great time at the camp - and learned how to putt, chip, take breaks for snacks .... and all the other that comes with being a golfer. He made his daddy so proud!



No comments:
Post a Comment