One of my friends thought it would be a great idea for me to get a Myspace (thank you Dena) and a Facebook (thank you Erica). Now, I'm trying to keep them all updated and I can't do it. Shouldn't they combine all these pages into one? Why does there have to be so many different programs that you have to put the same information on. Really? Can they not figure this out!
So while I've been away from my blog and on myspace and facebook entering the same information twice - you've missed lots - let me fill you in.
Let's see - David came back from Myrtle. He had a great time - best one ever (he says that every year)! He did not win the trophy. Was a little stressed out (had absolutely nothing to do with me ... ok, maybe a little) when he left, got drunk on the plane the first day and basically lost his chance at the trophy by playing drunk crappy golf. Ben was pretty sad. When Ben woke up the morning after David came home, he said "did you win daddy?" David said "no, I didn't." Ben said "you came in second though, right?" David said "yes, son I did." So - I think he was satisfied with that. We actually still have the trophy - b/c David didn't get it until February of this year, so the winner (his golf buddy, Ben) will get it in February of next year (especially since now it's a part of my decor).
When David came home - the next night, he and I were able to have a nice date night. We hadn't been out together (alone) in quite sometime. So it was great to hang out and reconnect and spend time together. We had a nice dinner at Gloria's in the Harbor and then just sat and watched the boats come in and out of dock. It was a nice night and really relaxing. I was very thankful for that time alone with him. I'm going to be really sad when my babysitter goes back to school on August 20. So sad!
While David was in Myrtle - me, Ben and Will went to the Wetzone with some friends. Little did we know that that one decision would change our lives dramatically the next few weeks. We all caught the crypto virus from the water. Some lady thought it would be a great idea to take off her babies diaper and wash his butt in the pool. Some people ... no brains! So I was sick for 5 days, unable to care for my children, house or husband. I have never in my life been that sick - so so bad. My mom had to come over and take care of all of us. Thank you mom! Ben was sick for like 24 hours and Will is still sick - 8 days later. Thank God I left Andy home with our babysitter ... Thank God! That would of been horrible. In the meantime, I've called the wetzone - waiting for a callback from the HR person over the city and she's going to be giving me a family pass for next summer!
While we were sick - Will had his birthday ... July 23. Sadly, he was so sick that I told him was birthday was on Saturday, July 26. I had to convince Ben to go along with my story - which he did. He wanted many, many times to tell Will that he was already 4 - but he didn't, he kept my secret. Saturday morning Will woke up - the "present fairy" (little story from his daddy, but the great thing about this age - everything IS magic). Anyways the present fairy came and he was as excited as he would of been on July 23 - had he not been vomitting constantly. We had his party scheduled for July 26, but it has been rescheduled to this Saturday, August 2. He's excited and can't wait for his birthday party with his friends.
Now, we're going into the last week of July. I have a ticket that I need to take care of, my dog (kuma) needs to get a re-check heartworm test, my dog (Muffy) is nearing her end (I think) - so sad; I need to get my hair done, plan Will's party, continue to convince Will that drinking milk isn't the best idea for him, make time to go to the chiropractor (love, love him - he's so good to me), take Andy for his 15 month check-up (which I had to cancel last week b/c we were all sick), need to go to my doctor to get my prescription refilled, and try and get a refund for the soccer camps my boys missed due to the crypto virus we caught. So - should be a great week. I'm feeling better - so life is good. A little scared to drink milk - I'll give it a few days yet. However, I did lose 7 pounds in 4 days ... yea me! I would love to go and work out - but facing the fact that I may have to wait until the boys are in school (which is 4 weeks from today .. not soon enough!) before I set foot back into the gym. Luckily I have a old/new treadmill and some hand weights that are dying to be used.
On the upside, I'm feeling pretty good about all the cleaning/organizing that I got done while David was on vacation. It's a great relief to walk into the house and not feel stress. Life is good!
Hopefully I can update a little more regularly ... I really need a laptop. Can someone get me a laptop, please!
March 2025
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment