Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ben's now a first grader


Today was Ben's last day of Kindergarten. I can't believe that already he is a first grader. It just seems like yesterday that he was starting kindergarten. He had a great year and really enjoyed his friends and his teachers.

When I picked him up from school today I said to him 'you are no longer a kindergartener - how does it feel to be a first grader?' He said 'I'm not a first grader - I still have 3 months.'

He was excited about the summer coming, but now is wondering 'what do I do?' We have a lot of camps planned for the boys - so hopefully we won't have a tough time keeping them amused.

On the first day of school I took a picture of Ben in front of the tree in front of his school, and then today - on the last day, I took the same picture (or tried - I suppose). I can't believe how much he's changed in one year. His hair is a little longer now - both Ben & Will have decided the longer, skater look is what they like now.

We are so proud of him and so happy with our 'almost in 3 months' first grader.

No comments: