Friday, June 6, 2008

Summer vacation - Day 2



Today was our 2nd day of summer vacation. The boys woke up wanting to go swimming, of course. We went to the gym first - I had a yoga/pilates class I wanted to try out at the gym. I never knew 3 c-sections would do so much damage to my core. I am completely out of shape in that area. I think I'll have to do a few thousand sit-ups before attempting that class again.

Normally, we would swim at the gym - but today was an overcast day and the pool was pretty cold. So I talked the boys into coming home. Andy and Will napped on the way home - and Ben and I chatted about how mean I was for not putting sunscreen on him yesterday (I feel pretty bad - he got burned).

We ended up going to the neighbors to swim again. The boys swam for about 3 hours today. They had a lot of fun. There were a few more extra kids than yesterday. 3 more neighbor kids (brothers), and then another friend. Everyone had a good time. I, of course, made everyone line up for a photo. I didn't plan it well b/c the water from the sprayer was in their faces and my neighbors son thought it would be funny to hide behind the waterfall. It was great fun.

We came home, had dinner (David cooked burgers on the grill) and then gave the boys all a bath and put them to bed. A little quiet time for mommy and daddy. I'm actually pretty excited - tomorrow I get to go have a little girl time w/my best girlfriend (hi Dena). We're staying in a hotel in downtown for Saturday night and then hanging out during the day Saturday and Sunday and then coming home on Sunday evening. I can't wait. It's going to be big fun. Yea us!

1 comment:

wilksonian said...

How LUCKY you are! You must have such a WONDERFUL husband!