Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blessed to have too much!

As I look around my house and realize that there's not one counter, shelf or room that isn't cluttered - I'm thinking "how in the world did we get here?" We are so blessed to have too much. I would like to do a huge de-cluttering of my house and simplify. Why does a family of 5 need 20 towels? I think everyone should have one towel and then you have a few for those times when you just need an extra towel. Why do we need so many plates and cups? When we have parties and guests - we use paper plates. So why not just get rid of what we don't use and keep 1 plate and 1 cup for everyone. That way you know who is leaving their cup or plate on the table or coutner, right? Yeah - makes sense. Not sure I could convince the husband to simplify quite that much. I would like to go through every room, cabinet, closet in the house and just get rid of everything that we don't use or we haven't touched in 6 months. It's hard sometimes to do that because you think "What if. I'm certain I'll need that in 2 years." I would seriously like to do that. I'll have to try and work towards that goal and see if I can get that done. Boy - would it make life more simple. I'm tired of stepping over clutter and not feeling like the house is ever clean.

I am about to embark on a process of trying to get my house organized - hopefully. My dining room is a complete disaster - cluttered and piled with 'what if's. I have to go through that stuff and get rid of it. My bedroom is cluttered from the overflow of my closet that was piled with 'what if's.' I must get rid of that stuff as well. I'm not sure about the rest of you - but with 3 kids under age 6 - organizing, cleaning, showering ... it's all tough! Wish me luck!

No comments: