Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 10 of Summer - June 18





These are from Day 10 of our summer vacation (not counting weekends). Summer days are where I - solely - have to entertain the kids. This day we had the whole neighborhood at our house (or so it seemed). There were 8 kids (including my 2 older boys). This day they were actually here for about 4 hours. Everyone had a pretty good time and changed locations quite a bit to keep from getting bored. They played skateboards, leapsters, pirates, guns, castles, and then outside on the swingset they played store - where they buy and sell the stuff in the backyard to each other. Pretty interesting how these kids come up with these games to play. I don't really remember playing stuff like that - I guess maybe because all I played was barbies.

Ben's new thing is to play chess & checkers. The friend playing with him liked the game too - but he's played it longer than Ben, so he was also multi-tasking by playing a Leapster while waiting for Ben to move.

I included a photo of Andy in his playhouse. We had intended to buy Andy a playhouse for his first birthday - thankfully our neighbor gave this one to us. I think she said it was about 15 years old. You couldn't tell by looking at it. It's still strong and in great condition. This was Andy's first time to be able to actually play in. He really liked it a lot. He laughed and giggled as he opened and closed the door and looked through the windows.

Their newest thing to do is play golf. The kids all get their clubs (Ben and another boy have clubs so they all share) and use our yard as their green to drive and putt. David has become quite the neighborhood 'dad'. All the kids want him to come out everyday to play golf with them. I think they knock on the door and ask just for him and if Ben and Will can come out too - that's a bonus as well. He seems to enjoy it and the kids really have a good time.

No comments: