Thursday, June 12, 2008

Meeting friends - Summer day 4



I missed Day 3. We didn't do much. I went to the gym. Tried a barbell strength class. OH MY GOODNESS! I found muscles I didn't know my body had. It was pain - but a good pain.

I guess I'm not really counting weekends toward our summer days. Tuesday, June 10, 2008, was our 4th day of summer. We met some friends from our old pre-school at Joe's Crab Shack. This was the boys first time to go to Joe's - and really my first time since having kids. I've been there many times in the past for drinks - but never to play on the playground there. It was big fun. It rained pretty hard the night before so the playground was a complete mud pitt. So as you know: kids + mud = good times.

Andy had a great time walking on the deck and playing in the sand. He was quite excited to have somewhere different to walk around other than home. My girlfriends daughter tried to take him out into the mud and he wasn't really thrilled about it. But at least she got a nice hug from him. He gives the best hugs : )

Will and Ben enjoyed their time w/their old friend. They actually didn't remember each other until they saw each other - but then they really enjoyed themselves.

Ben was very excited to order popcorn shrimp off the menu. I thought it was his first time to eat shrimp - but David told me once we were home that it wasn't. Ben was pretty excited to show daddy the pictures and tell him he hate shrimp. Joe's is Ben's new favorite place.


My girlfriend and I - we tried (although not real effective) to chat and catch up in between screaming at the kids to stop throwing sand. We have another playdate scheduled for next week - maybe it will be more effective. Good times!

No comments: