Ok - so maybe some of you don't know the torture our family has to endure with David taking photos. He is very much a perfectionist when it comes to taking pictures. There will be moments when I just want to grab a photo of the kids, or grab a family photo - and I know as soon as I say that out loud to him ... well, it's over. He loves to take photos like I do. He likes to experiment more than I do. I'm the type that is like - go with what you know, don't change it if it's not broken. He'll go through this big elaborate plan to set up a backdrop or a scene to take a photo and when he finally gets it set up - we'll have the kids for about 2 minutes and then there done.I always tell him how much it annoys me that he's like this. Sometimes I just want a photo without all the elaborate set ups. I just want a photo! Do we have to go through the 45 minutes set up for a 2 minute photo? And of course his answer is always 'yes we do.' So - of course we do. Sometimes the kids are smiling, sometimes they aren't (mostly they aren't). I prefer when he does his photo shoots with the kids while I'm away. He's taken so many photos of himself and the kids - some are good shots, some aren't (because of the kids, not him).
But when I think about it - it's great. He's documenting the boys, the family from his view, and I think that's important. I'm all about leaving a leagacy for my boys. So I'm glad that he's different than me. I am famous for cutting off tops of heads, arms - photographing half the face. Catching babies/kids when they are in full tantrum mode. I like real life. I love doing that. I think it's so artistic to photograph someone that way. Tonight - David took these pictures of Andy. I think it's something I would of definitely taken. I like that his style is different, because I get to see different angles of my boys that I wouldn't normally see. And I know later - I'll be thankful for all the torture we've had to endure because of his annoying soft boxes flashing. I created a quick collage - very simple, but just wanted to display these photos that David took of our sweet Andy.



No comments:
Post a Comment